• YWAM is called to make God known throughout, and into every arena of society through evangelism, training and mercy ministries. We believe that salvation of souls should result in the transformation of societies thus obeying Jesus’ command to make disciple of all nations. YWAM is committed to Know God, his nature, his character and his ways. We seek to reflect who HE is in every aspect of our lives and ministry. The overflow of knowing and enjoying fellowship with God is a desire to share him with others. YWAM runs discipleship schools and many other schools in all its campuses (bases) across the globe.vThe DTS runs for 6 months (three months Lecture and three months outreach).The prospective students can choose a YWAM base of their choice, and therefore get the opportunity to meet learn more about God ,mission work and the opportunity to realize their talents and potentials. In Kenya, YWAM runs a DTS at YWAM athiriver, 50 KM from Nairobi in Machakos County. The base also runs different ministries.
The motto of YWAM Athiriver is
• Declare Christ
• Disciple the believers
• Develop the community
The vision of YWAM is
• To be a model missionary community of Christian excellence and integrity embracing a holistic approach for transformation of society in our region and beyond.
The mission statement
• To provide an environment where believers grow and flourish in their gifting and callings through training.
• To positively impact our immediate community by providing academic, emotional and spiritual growth resulting in social wellbeing.
• To source for microfinance to foster entrepreneurship to alleviate poverty and enhance food security.
• We exist to eradicate social vices through offering redemption measures.
To learn more about the work of YWAM Athiriver,or to join the DTS programme, follow the link below